Ploughshares Fund is pleased to announce a new Request for Proposals as part of its Women’s Initiative, with support from The Prospect Hill Foundation. Grants made under this Request for Proposals will be for up to $10,000 and up to 1-year long projects. Projects submitted for consideration should meet the following guidelines:
- The project or mission of the organization should contribute to building more just and inclusive national security and foreign policies related to current nuclear weapons issues.
- The project should contribute to either addressing the current gender and diversity imbalance in the nuclear field or amplifying and expanding the range of perspectives working to reduce the threat of nuclear weapons. This can be demonstrated either within project staff composition or within the project goals.
- The project lead must not have received a grant from Ploughshares Fund before. We encourage all organizations and individuals to review the opportunity and submit a concept note if they believe they meet the guidelines.
- As long as the project fits the guidelines outlined above, all genders are welcome to apply. All women and those working at women-led organizations are particularly encouraged to apply. This includes, but is not limited to, women of color, cis women, and those that identify as trans, queer, or gender non-conforming.
- Applicants and projects can be located in the United States or internationally.
- The Request for Proposals application window will open April 8, 2019 and close May 3, 2019.
- Submissions will be reviewed, and grants awarded, in June 2019.
- Projects should be completed between June 2019 and June 2020.
How to Submit
Interested applicants must submit a concept note for their proposed project. The required elements include: amount requested, project description, and a brief project budget. Ploughshares Fund will vet concept notes in consultation with The Prospect Hill Foundation. The top projects will be asked to submit a full proposal for consideration.
All concept note submissions will only be accepted through our online portal. To access the online portal, please visit the Ploughshares Fund website and complete the eligibility quiz. Once you have registered an account, a link to the concept note form will be available on the “Grantee Dashboard,” which will allow you to create and submit a project for consideration to the Request for Proposals.
Ploughshares Fund will hold a 1-hour webinar on Wednesday, April 17th, at 1:30pm ET on funding processes and funder relations for anyone who wants to learn more about applying for grants. There will be a short presentation followed by a panel Q&A, as well as a Q&A specifically related to this Request for Proposals. Click here to register for the webinar.
Please contact Raul Araiza (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions or technical issues.
Photo: Statue of British suffragist Millicent Fawcett in Parliament Square, London, England, 24 April 2018, Wiki / Garry Knight from London, England (CC)