Watch our April 3, 2019 conference featuring women leaders with practical steps for smart, effective national security strategy. The conference in part celebrated the launch of our new report, A New Vision: Gender. Justice. National Security. This report was produced in collaboration with Compton Foundation, Our Secure Future and Rockefeller Brothers Foundation.
To create a world where all people and the planet are safe and free from nuclear threats, it’s imperative we harness the insight and experience the entire security field has to offer by working toward greater inclusivity and representation. To achieve this, we launched the Women's Initiative, an effort to introduce more women and diverse voices to the field of nuclear security and amplify their influence.
The Women's Initiative aims to increase the role of voices working to reduce nuclear threats and to shine a light on the present and historic injustices in the field. With your support, we can build a nuclear policy field that is open to new and diverse perspectives. Learn more about the Women's Initiative today.
A New Vision for Gender and National Security
A conference featuring women leaders with practical steps for smart, effective national security strategy
Mary Kaszynski and Joe Cirincione, Ploughshares Fund
Advancing Policy: Developing Policy Solutions Through Diverse Lenses
- Dr. Carol Cohn, Consortium on Gender, Security and Human Rights
- Marissa Conway, Centre for Feminist Foreign Policy
- Maggie Feldman-Pilth, NatSecGirlSquad
- Cecili Thompson Williams, Beyond the Bomb
Transforming Thinking: Improving Diversity in the Peace and Security Field
- Ambassador Laura Holgate, Nuclear Threat Initiative
- Heather Hurlburt, New America
- Ambassador Bonnie Jenkins, Women of Color Advancing Peace, Security and Conflict Transformation
- Chantal de Jonge Oudraat, Women in International Security