Updated October 27, 2017:
The full video of Nuclear Weapons Policy in a Time of Crisis, Part 1 is here. Video starts at 9:10.
These are the Facebook livestream versions. A higher quality video will be made available shortly. Sign up for our email updates and we'll let you know as soon as it is available.
Join us on Thursday, October 26th for a livestreamed, in-depth briefing: Nuclear Weapons Policy in a Time of Crisis. The event will be livestreamed on the Ploughshares Fund Facebook page.
You are encouraged to RSVP for the livestream, and invite your friends to watch as well.
8:30am ET / 5:30am PT
- Welcoming Comments from Joe Cirincione, President, Ploughshares Fund
- Opening Address: Congresswoman Barbara Lee
9:00am ET / 6:00am PT
- Senator Dianne Feinstein
9:15am ET / 6:15am PT
- Senator Ed Markey
9:30am ET / 6:30am PT
- Congressman Ted Lieu
9:45am ET / 6:45am PT
- Congressman Adam Smith
10:15am ET / 7:15am PT
Future of the Iran Deal
- Colin Kahl, Georgetown University
- Jessica Mathews, Carnegie Endowment for International Peace
- Hossein Mousavian, Princeton University
- Moderated by Kelsey Davenport, Arms Control Association
11:30am ET / 8:30am PT
- William J. Perry, former Secretary of Defense
12:00pm ET / 9:00am PT
- lunch / livestream intermission
12:30 pm ET / 9:30am PT
- Senator Chris Van Hollen
1:00 pm ET / 10:00am PT
- Chris Ford, Special Assistant to the President and Senior Director on the National Security Council
1:30 pm ET / 10:30am PT
War and Peace on the Korean Peninsula
- Suzanne DiMaggio, New America
- Carol Giacomo, The New York Times
- Robert Gallucci, Georgetown University
- Moderated by Joe Cirincione
2:30pm ET / 11:30am PT
- Beatrice Fihn, International Campaign to Abolish Nuclear Weapons (ICAN)
- Interviewed by Michael Crowley, Politico
3:00 pm ET / 12:00pm PT
- Senator Jeff Merkley
3:30 pm ET / 12:30pm PT
- Closing Remarks from Joe Cirincione
How do we deal with the North Korea crisis? What is the lasting impact and importance of the Iran nuclear deal? And what could new developments such as the proposed no-first-use policy, increases to nuclear weapons spending, and the UN treaty banning nuclear weapons mean for the United States and the world? These topics will be discussed by panels of policy experts, lawmakers and Ploughshares Fund's own grantees.
It will be an intellectually stimulating, inspiring series of livestreamed panel discussions and a great opportunity to see some of the best and the brightest from across the field. We hope you can join us online.
For over 35 years, Ploughshares Fund has supported the most effective people and organizations in the world to reduce and eventually eliminate the dangers posed by nuclear weapons.