Ploughshares Fund seeks to hire a Program Associate to provide programmatic and administrative support for our grantmaking efforts and the successful operation and ongoing enhancement of the institution’s grants management system, foundationConnect. This role will also provide contract administration support to a Ploughshares Fund-sponsored initiative, N Square. The position holds responsibility for strong customer service to Ploughshares Fund’s grantees and potential partners. The Program Associate will be based in San Francisco, CA and report to the Program Director based in Washington, DC.
For Ploughshares Fund (90% time)
On the administrative side, the Program Associate will be responsible for all of the back-end grantmaking tasks, including:
- Serve as the primary point of contact for external questions on accessing Ploughshares’ grantee portal for applications and reports. Communicate with grantees and prospective applicants about project inquiries, deadlines, and Ploughshares’ application and reports processes.
- Prepare all grant agreements including coordinating with program team to finalize grant deliverables and managing grant-related administrative communications with grantees. Track the signing and execution of grant agreements according to Ploughshares policies and practices.
- Assist in managing Ploughshares’ grants management database (foundationConnect), including data entry, duplicate management, generating reports and metrics, technical troubleshooting and case management, and other tasks to keep database information up-to-date and accurate.
- Work closely with the program and IT staff to align database strategy with institutional and programmatic goals and determine business requirements, desired functionality, and opportunities for improvement.
- Serve as back-up Salesforce administrator as needed including at times reviewing release notes and updating database interface.
- Provide limited administrative support as needed, including making travel arrangements, scheduling meetings, and processing expenses.
- Review and track grantmaking budgets.
On the program side, the Program Associate will work closely with the program team to:
- Review final reports prepared by grantees at the end of grant periods and coordinate grant review and evaluation process with the program team.
- Read incoming grant proposal application packages, as needed.
- Assist in drafting and proofreading internal and external program documents.
- Participate in program meetings, Ploughshares Fund board meetings, and contribute to organizing program-related meetings and events.
- Contribute to research and writing projects, as needed.
- Occasionally represent Ploughshares Fund at meetings, conferences or site visits.
For N Square (10% time)
In coordination with the N Square Program Manager and Design Strategist:
- Prepare all grant and consultant agreements and associated paperwork.
- Manage grant and consultant agreement-related communications with external partners to ensure accuracy of documents and timely execution of contracts.
- Coordinate with internal N Square and Ploughshares staff on all tasks relating to executing agreements.
- Bachelor's Degree in international relations, public policy, security studies, conflict resolution, journalism or related fields; interest in philanthropy.
- Experience working with grants database programs with preference for individuals that have experience in Salesforce and the foundationConnect platform.
- Strong organizational and data management skills, attention to detail and accuracy.
- Exceptional research, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with capacity for high-quality customer service.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment managing multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and take direction as needed.
- Team-oriented approach with emphasis on flexibility, learning, and growth.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office with expertise in MS Excel preferred.
Please submit a cover letter that clearly states your interest and qualifications for the role, resume, and a brief writing sample (1 to 2 pages) to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 15, 2017. Review of applications will begin immediately upon receipt. No calls, please. Ploughshares Fund offers a full range of benefits including health insurance, dental and vision plans, paid sick leave and vacation time.
Ploughshares Fund is a public grantmaking foundation that seeks to reduce and ultimately eliminate the threat posed by nuclear weapons. Our vision is a world where nuclear weapons can never be used again. We fund and coordinate individuals and organizations in the United States and abroad that create solutions, drive policy, and build grassroots support for a world free from the dangers of nuclear weapons.