Ben serves as Ploughshares Fund's Senior Policy Analyst. With a background in nuclear and international security policy, his areas of expertise include U.S.-Russia relations, nonstrategic nuclear weapons and U.S. policy towards Iran.
He earned his Masters of Public Policy from the University of Maryland in International Security and Economic Policy with a Certificate in Intelligence Analysis. He graduated with honors from Indiana University with a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science. Prior to moving to Washington, Ben helped lead a volunteer organization dedicated to rebuilding the Gulf Coast.
- "A Nuke by Any Other Name," in The Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists.
- "Stop Sinking Dollars Into a Cold War Strategy," in Roll Call.
- "Chain Reaction: How the Media Misread the IAEA's Report on Iran," with Greg Thielmann in The Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists.
- "Balance & Perseverance: The Case for Continued Engagement with Iran," with Joe Cirincione in A Global Agenda: Issues Before the United Nations 2011-2012.
- "The Status of U.S. Nuclear Weapons in Turkey," with Alexandra Bell in The Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists.
- "Good Times for the Nuclear Weapons Budget," in The Will and the Wallet.
- "The Avenger's Nuclear Villain," with Joe Cirincione in The Huffington Post.
Get the latest