Ploughshares Fund partners with the most promising efforts to realize the ultimate elimination of nuclear weapons.
We give grants that:
- Promote the Elimination of Nuclear Weapons. Building a consensus among the world’s leaders creates a global norm against nuclear weapons and increases the momentum toward zero. Along the way, concrete steps to limit and reduce current arsenals must be realized as well.
- Prevent the Emergence of New Nuclear States. We focus on the two most significant threats to the global nonproliferation regime – Iran and North Korea. We believe that, though difficult, solutions are possible through effective diplomacy and engagement grounded in well-informed and strategic analysis. Ploughshares Fund is investing significant resources over the next year on a special Iran Campaign that will promote non-military solutions to the Iran case.
- Build Regional Peace and Security. South Asia represents perhaps the most dangerous region on earth given the long-standing conflict between India and Pakistan and the fact that both nations possess substantial nuclear arsenals. Our investments support fact-finding missions, on-the-ground analysis, high-level dialogue, confidence-building measures, policy advocacy and media outreach to advance the transformation of conflicts in South and Southwest Asia.
We also amplify and coordinate the work of our grantees to
- Develop winning strategies that push forward the vision of a nuclear-weapons free world
- Bring together experts, analysts, lobbyists and activists to create and win shared campaigns
- Build a bipartisan legislative consensus for eliminating nuclear weapons
- Expand the public’s knowledge and catalyze public support for the elimination of nuclear weapons
Get the latest
Join our email list for news, information and events.
RT @KingstonAReif: .@KelseyDav: Iran has had nuclear weapons capability since 2007. Can't bomb knowledge away. Can't sanction it away. #ACA… — 10 hours 30 min ago
RT @Cirincione: A pessimist turns optimistic -- Mark @FitzpatrickIISS: Rouhani is keen to strike a nuclear deal http://t.co/v2IAvuYRGG — 12 hours 28 min ago
RT @mattduss: I mean, if you’ve got a better plan for dealing w/ Iran, let’s hear it. But “Let’s threaten more and they will crack” doesn’t… — 12 hours 28 min ago