Ploughshares Fund partners with the most promising efforts to realize the ultimate elimination of nuclear weapons.
We give grants that:
- Promote the Elimination of Nuclear Weapons. Building a consensus among the world’s leaders creates a global norm against nuclear weapons and increases the momentum toward zero. Along the way, concrete steps to limit and reduce current arsenals must be realized as well.
- Prevent the Emergence of New Nuclear States. We focus on the two most significant threats to the global nonproliferation regime – Iran and North Korea. We believe that, though difficult, solutions are possible through effective diplomacy and engagement grounded in well-informed and strategic analysis. Ploughshares Fund is investing significant resources over the next year on a special Iran Campaign that will promote non-military solutions to the Iran case.
- Build Regional Peace and Security. South Asia represents perhaps the most dangerous region on earth given the long-standing conflict between India and Pakistan and the fact that both nations possess substantial nuclear arsenals. Our investments support fact-finding missions, on-the-ground analysis, high-level dialogue, confidence-building measures, policy advocacy and media outreach to advance the transformation of conflicts in South and Southwest Asia.
We also amplify and coordinate the work of our grantees to
- Develop winning strategies that push forward the vision of a nuclear-weapons free world
- Bring together experts, analysts, lobbyists and activists to create and win shared campaigns
- Build a bipartisan legislative consensus for eliminating nuclear weapons
- Expand the public’s knowledge and catalyze public support for the elimination of nuclear weapons
Get the latest
Join our email list for news, information and events.
Created by veteran digital strategist Sara Haghdoosti, Berim.org is an online organizing platform meant to give voice to Iranians around the world. Recently, Berim.org brought members to DC to support diplomacy over Iran's nuclear program. Check out their video
The broader impact of #Iran negotiations on #nuclear issues. @emilylhauser on our blog: http://t.co/7nZkfMPL0f — 2 hours 17 min ago
#Fukushima reminds us that #nuclear tech is inherently dangerous. @ cirincione #video #flashback http://t.co/bJQDX4r70u — 4 hours 2 min ago
RT @JohnKerry: .@Gottemoeller thank you, Rose! No one better for the job. All of us at @StateDept glad to have you confirmed. — 4 hours 34 min ago