Ploughshares Fund partners with the most promising efforts to realize the ultimate elimination of nuclear weapons.
We give grants that:
- Promote the Elimination of Nuclear Weapons. Building a consensus among the world’s leaders creates a global norm against nuclear weapons and increases the momentum toward zero. Along the way, concrete steps to limit and reduce current arsenals must be realized as well.
- Prevent the Emergence of New Nuclear States. We focus on the two most significant threats to the global nonproliferation regime – Iran and North Korea. We believe that, though difficult, solutions are possible through effective diplomacy and engagement grounded in well-informed and strategic analysis. Ploughshares Fund is investing significant resources over the next year on a special Iran Campaign that will promote non-military solutions to the Iran case.
- Build Regional Peace and Security. South Asia represents perhaps the most dangerous region on earth given the long-standing conflict between India and Pakistan and the fact that both nations possess substantial nuclear arsenals. Our investments support fact-finding missions, on-the-ground analysis, high-level dialogue, confidence-building measures, policy advocacy and media outreach to advance the transformation of conflicts in South and Southwest Asia.
We also amplify and coordinate the work of our grantees to
- Develop winning strategies that push forward the vision of a nuclear-weapons free world
- Bring together experts, analysts, lobbyists and activists to create and win shared campaigns
- Build a bipartisan legislative consensus for eliminating nuclear weapons
- Expand the public’s knowledge and catalyze public support for the elimination of nuclear weapons
Get the latest
Join our email list for news, information and events.
Iran Fact File
To help add more facts to the policy debate surrounding Iran's nuclear program, the James Martin Center for Nonproliferation Studies at Monterey Institute of International Studies has created a new website, Iran Fact File. See the site
On our blog: “Breakout” – What It Is, And What You Need To Know http://t.co/rINkdDk6VV — 1 hour 46 min ago
#tbt The Death Star ($5 Bn/year) http://t.co/WEY04pafYL is 7x less expensive than US #nukes (~$35 Bn/year). http://t.co/mcjIPDXwij — 3 hours 36 min ago
RT @Cirincione: Here's what I mean about @IranFactFile One picture is worth…. http://t.co/byuZcLyqPb — 5 hours 43 min ago