Ploughshares Fund partners with the most promising efforts to realize the ultimate elimination of nuclear weapons.
We give grants that:
- Promote the Elimination of Nuclear Weapons. Building a consensus among the world’s leaders creates a global norm against nuclear weapons and increases the momentum toward zero. Along the way, concrete steps to limit and reduce current arsenals must be realized as well.
- Prevent the Emergence of New Nuclear States. We focus on the two most significant threats to the global nonproliferation regime – Iran and North Korea. We believe that, though difficult, solutions are possible through effective diplomacy and engagement grounded in well-informed and strategic analysis. Ploughshares Fund is investing significant resources over the next year on a special Iran Campaign that will promote non-military solutions to the Iran case.
- Build Regional Peace and Security. South Asia represents perhaps the most dangerous region on earth given the long-standing conflict between India and Pakistan and the fact that both nations possess substantial nuclear arsenals. Our investments support fact-finding missions, on-the-ground analysis, high-level dialogue, confidence-building measures, policy advocacy and media outreach to advance the transformation of conflicts in South and Southwest Asia.
We also amplify and coordinate the work of our grantees to
- Develop winning strategies that push forward the vision of a nuclear-weapons free world
- Bring together experts, analysts, lobbyists and activists to create and win shared campaigns
- Build a bipartisan legislative consensus for eliminating nuclear weapons
- Expand the public’s knowledge and catalyze public support for the elimination of nuclear weapons
Get the latest
Join our email list for news, information and events.
Arms Control Association
With less than a month to go before the July 20th deadline, experts at Arms Control Association outline just what's needed to produce a "win-win" deal on Iran's nuclear program. Read the report
RT @Cirincione: .@SenFeinstein: lets get creative about having a smaller, more affordable #nuke force. Who could disagree with that? http:/… — 8 hours 9 min ago
Live debate tomorrow at GWU. Should the US cut its #nukes? @TomCollina takes on the opposition. Free tickets at: http://t.co/9sIqJmjYp1 — 8 hours 14 min ago
.@carrollpm on US prisoner release: #NorthKorea possibly interested in reopening talks, but this is no #gamechange http://t.co/iUCWKyEZst — 11 hours 13 min ago