Ploughshares Fund partners with the most promising efforts to realize the ultimate elimination of nuclear weapons.
We give grants that:
- Promote the Elimination of Nuclear Weapons. Building a consensus among the world’s leaders creates a global norm against nuclear weapons and increases the momentum toward zero. Along the way, concrete steps to limit and reduce current arsenals must be realized as well.
- Prevent the Emergence of New Nuclear States. We focus on the two most significant threats to the global nonproliferation regime – Iran and North Korea. We believe that, though difficult, solutions are possible through effective diplomacy and engagement grounded in well-informed and strategic analysis. Ploughshares Fund is investing significant resources over the next year on a special Iran Campaign that will promote non-military solutions to the Iran case.
- Build Regional Peace and Security. South Asia represents perhaps the most dangerous region on earth given the long-standing conflict between India and Pakistan and the fact that both nations possess substantial nuclear arsenals. Our investments support fact-finding missions, on-the-ground analysis, high-level dialogue, confidence-building measures, policy advocacy and media outreach to advance the transformation of conflicts in South and Southwest Asia.
We also amplify and coordinate the work of our grantees to
- Develop winning strategies that push forward the vision of a nuclear-weapons free world
- Bring together experts, analysts, lobbyists and activists to create and win shared campaigns
- Build a bipartisan legislative consensus for eliminating nuclear weapons
- Expand the public’s knowledge and catalyze public support for the elimination of nuclear weapons
Get the latest
Join our email list for news, information and events.
Iran Fact File
To help add more facts to the policy debate surrounding Iran's nuclear program, the James Martin Center for Nonproliferation Studies at Monterey Institute of International Studies has created a new website, Iran Fact File. See the site
An end to US policy of strategic patience with #NorthKorea? http://t.co/mVnZLa7ozE — 9 hours 27 min ago
What you need to know about #breakout in #irantalks. http://t.co/HlgQyRgf4K Blog by @emilylhauser Graphic by @niacouncil — 12 hours 44 min ago
RT @PhilipYun_PF: At #gpf14 @wendykopp founder @TeachForAll talking No one solution to big problems Need many approaches Applies to nonprol… — 13 hours 1 min ago