Ben is a senior policy analyst at Ploughshares Fund. With a background in nuclear and international security policy, his areas of expertise include US-Russia relations, nonstrategic nuclear weapons and US policy towards Iran.
Prior to moving to Washington, DC and joining Ploughshares Fund in 2010, Ben helped lead a volunteer organization dedicated to rebuilding the Gulf Coast. He earned his Masters of Public Policy from the University of Maryland in International Security and Economic Policy with a Certificate in Intelligence Analysis. Ben graduated with honors from Indiana University with a degree in Political Science.
- "How to Avoid a $60 Billion Bailout for Navy Submarines," in Roll Call.
- "A Nuke by Any Other Name," in The Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists.
- "Stop Sinking Dollars Into a Cold War Strategy," in Roll Call.
- "Chain Reaction: How the Media Misread the IAEA's Report on Iran," with Greg Thielmann in The Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists.
- "Balance & Perseverance: The Case for Continued Engagement with Iran," with Joe Cirincione in A Global Agenda: Issues Before the United Nations 2011-2012.
- "The Avenger's Nuclear Villain," with Joe Cirincione in The Huffington Post.